This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information
Can breadsticks get any better than this?
Well, maybe not. It’s bread, that’s for sure, but it’s soft, cheddary goodness! Remember when I posted about French Bread a few months ago? This is one of the many recipes you can make from that dough. They’re perfect with soup, pasta, chili and even salad, but they’re great on their own as well. Or a fun treat when you sit down and watch, you know, the game.
This is a recipe that is simple to make. Cut, roll, press on the cheese and bake. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Batch of French Bread dough (make the bread dough and cut in half (make a loaf of bread with the other half) If you want 32 breadsticks, use the whole batch of dough)
- 2 Cups of shredded Cheddar or Marble cheese (if you shred your own it melts nicer. Pre-shredded cheese is coated to prevent clumping)
- Winware Large Baking Sheets
- PaperChef Parchment Paper
- Pompeian Cooking Spray
- Line Baking sheet(s) with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions
- Roll out rope style on a lightly oiled counter
- Press shredded cheese all over roll
- Place on baking sheet about 1.5 inches apart
- Repeat 15 more times:)
- Bake for 12 minutes and then check them. If you want them a little browner keep a close eye on them. Remove from oven when done and after a minute place on cooling rack.
I originally made these breadsticks for one of our meals at Christmas with soup and again, after everyone had left for the blog post. I got a call that night that one of my granddaughters was in the hospital quarantined with pneumonia. Poor little thing. I took some breadsticks in case she got hungry. She was miserable.
Sometimes cheesy breadsticks just hit the spot. First thing she’d eaten in days:)
Want to remember this? Post How to Make Delicious Cheesy Breadsticks to your favorite Pinterest Board!
Latest posts by Homemade by cheryl (see all)
- PRIME DAY DEALS FOR GALS (and guys) THAT COOK AND CRAFT - July 15, 2019
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - July 12, 2019
- 12 Hacks for Making a Cake Mix Taste Homemade - July 10, 2019